Wednesday 29 October 2014

Walking 19 miles (30kms) in the dark scary night!!!!!

On the 1st November, 8 days before I turn 30, myself and my other half (Chris) will be walking (30kms) 19 miles-ish in the dark, miserable British weather... almost out of choice... to raise money for Helping Hands! 

The weather will not stop us, the fact that we are doing it at night (possibly in the wind and the rain, after a friends birthday the night before!) an extra challenge.

I enjoy walking, but rarely get the chance these days to do more than a few miles so we are woefully out of practice. And Chris, well the furthest Chris likes to walk in a day is from the house to the car!


"Why are we doing this mad challenge?" you may ask...

Well, we're doing it for a very worthwhile and  'every penny truly counts and helps in a real way' charity called Helping Hands.

Helping Hands is a tiny charity based in Aguilas, Spain which works to rescue and rehome animals to forever homes across Europe.
ALL the people who work for the charity are volunteers, they all give all their time for FREE

ALL the people who work for the charity are volunteers, they all give all their time for FREE, they go above and beyond at personal cost, fill their homes with unwanted/ abandoned/ abused and plain damaged animals who others have literally left out in the cold to fend for themselves.

I personally have great respect for these people (one of which is my mother!), who give up so much just so that the animals they rescue don't suffer. The costs they accrue are immense, so many of these animals need urgent veterinary attention, all of them needs the basics (vaccination, neutering, flea/tick treatment) and many of them come in in appalling conditions. My hat is off to these amazing people. Please dig deep and sponsor me and my other half to complete this challenge!


***It's come to my attention that for some reason the donation pages sometimes display in Spanish. I really can't work out why, so if you have a paypal account and can't make sense of the Spanish page just send your donations to sanctuary13@yahoo.co.uk  The other option is downloading Chrome as a browser and then open this page, it's by far the best browser, proven by it's ability to auto-translate pages!***

If you feel suitably inspired, and want to commit more than a one off payment, please subscribe monthly below!


I would like to give regularly



I thank you, and so do these guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment